We currently have a very limited number of placements available for 2022/23 with priority given to previous delegates.
Looking for a Supervised Placement in Medical Aesthetics to become an Independent Nurse Prescriber?
We only have limited numbers of spaces each year and priority will be given to those who have completed Inspired Cosmetic Training's Foundation Botox and Dermal filler Course.
About your Supervised Placement
- Our supervised placements are drawn up to meet the requirements of your non-medical prescribing course.
- This will comprise of 12 days (equivalent of 90 hrs.) compulsory learning in practice spread over the duration of your course.
- You will also have a dedicated placement organiser who will ensure your placement runs smoothly - You can be assured of a professionally run placement.
- At the start of your placement, in consultation with yourself we will draw up a learning contract with you, provide a learning programme which will meet your learning objectives and enable you to gain competency in prescribing.
- Inspired Cosmetic Training’s supervised placements will take place in a variety of HIS registered clinics in the Glasgow area, so you are exposed to more opportunities for learning. We will ensure you of a - Welcoming and Friendly Environment
Supervised Placement Content
Typical key areas we will cover in your prescribing placement are listed below, Sessions with your DPP will take the form of – one to one teaching, in depth discussions, question and answer sessions, shadowing, observations and learning opportunities to meet learning objectives, as well as directed self-learning.
- The RPS a framework for all prescribers
- NMC & RCN guidance on NMP’s
- Pharmacy support
Discussions and practice around:
- What makes a good Consultation
- Doing a consultation
- Making a diagnosis
- Making a differential diagnosis
- Writing a prescription
- Non prescribing
- Drug Interactions
- Documentation and legalities around prescribing.
- How to use the BNF
- Licenced & Unlicensed medicines
- Face to face support with practical prescribing
- Private prescribing
- Drug groups, in a more general prescribing sense, coumarins, antibiotic groups e.g., Aminoglycosides, Tetracyclines, penicillins, Cephalosporins.
- Specific sessions around, Aciclovir, Steroids and Antibiotic use in Aesthetics.
- Skin care prescribing within Aesthetics Practice eg: Tretinoin, Topical steroids, acne treatments.
- Other tests/procedures to instruct and monitor before prescribing certain treatments. Eg Venepuncture.
Directed Self learning:
- Online support with independent learning
- Supplementary prescribing in practice
- Proof reading Essays for flow and content
- Guidance to independent learning resources
- NES, NHS and scholarly articles.
For Further Information Contact:
By Telephone: Carolyn Fraser on 0141 638 4098/079 6656
By Email: Carolyn@inspiredcosmetictraining.com