Undertaking your V300 - Non-Medical Prescribing Course?
Looking for a Supervised Placement in Medical Aesthetics to become an Independent Nurse Prescriber?
Inspired Cosmetic Training can offer you a supervised practice placement to meet the needs of the V300 Non-Medical Prescribing Course.
We believe we can fully develop your potential for your career in medical aesthetics as well as meeting the prescribing elements requirements of your course.
About your Supervised Placement
- Our supervised placements are drawn up to meet the requirements of your non-medical prescribing course.
- This will comprise of 12 days (equivalent of 90 hrs.) compulsory learning in practice spread over the duration of your course.
- Mr Taimur Shoaib, Consultant Plastic Surgeon and Course Director, Inspired Cosmetic Training will be responsible for overseeing the quality of your placement and one of his handpicked team of experienced medical aesthetic tutors will act as your dedicated supervisor to develop competence in prescribing practice as well as assessing you. You will also have a dedicated placement organiser who will ensure your placement runs smoothly - You can be assured of a professionally run placement.
- At the start of your placement, in consultation with yourself we will draw up a learning contract with you, provide a learning programme which will meet your learning objectives and enable you to gain competency in prescribing.
- Inspired Cosmetic Training’s supervised placements will take place in a variety of HIS registered clinics in the Glasgow area, so you are exposed to more opportunities for learning. We will ensure you of a - Welcoming and Friendly Environment
Supervised Placement Content
Typical key areas we will cover in your prescribing placement are listed below, Sessions with your DPP will take the form of – one to one teaching, in depth discussions, question and answer sessions, shadowing, observations and learning opportunities to meet learning objectives, as well as directed self-learning. You will also have opportunities to attend advanced Botox and dermal filler training and to observe teaching sessions.
- The RPS a framework for all prescribers
- NMC & RCN guidance on NMP’s
- Pharmacy support
Discussions and practice around:
- What makes a good Consultation
- Doing a consultation
- Making a diagnosis
- Making a differential diagnosis
- Writing a prescription
- Non prescribing
- Drug Interactions
- Documentation and legalities around prescribing.
- How to use the BNF
- Licenced & Unlicensed medicines
- Face to face support with practical prescribing
- Private prescribing
- Drug groups, in a more general prescribing sense, coumarins, antibiotic groups e.g., Aminoglycosides, Tetracyclines, penicillins, Cephalosporins.
- Specific sessions around, Aciclovir, Steroids and Antibiotic use in Aesthetics.
- Skin care prescribing within Aesthetics Practice eg: Tretinoin, Topical steroids, acne treatments.
- Other tests/procedures to instruct and monitor before prescribing certain treatments. Eg Venepuncture.
Directed Self learning:
- Online support with independent learning
- Supplementary prescribing in practice
- Proof reading Essays for flow and content
- Guidance to independent learning resources
- NES, NHS and scholarly articles.
Cost of Your Supervised Placement in Medical Aesthetics
£3500 + vat
A deposit is required to confirm your place. A payment plan can be provided where you can pay the full cost by instalments.
Please note - We only have a limited number of placements each year and priority is firstly given to those who have completed our foundation or advanced training in Botox and dermal fillers.
For Further Information Contact:
By Telephone: Carolyn Fraser on 0141 638 4098/079 6656
By Email: Carolyn@inspiredcosmetictraining.com